Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Blanket Scarf!

Well here it is, my first knitted scarf is finally done. Its actually more blanket-like measuring 140 cm (55 inches) long & 36 cm (14 inches) across. I think it would make a better table runner. Willy our golden retriever did a fine job modeling it for me doesn't he look happy?!
Then it was on to my next project and off to the local wool store I went for some help. Ultimately I want to knit a bowl (Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson) to felt in the washing machine and then needle felt some kind of design on the outside. But, first I have to learn to knit in the round . . .
So this is what's on my needles right now a pair of leg warmers for me from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford.  Actually its more like on my needles and then ripped off my needles and then on again and again. Knitting with double pointed needles (dpn) and four of them is proving to be quite a challenge for me. I had some help and support from the Crafty Mammas but I'm also going to our public library tonight to check out their knitting group. I absolutely love the wool I found for these with the different shades of red of course.

2 comments:

  1. Please knit me a pair when you're done - SS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly, once you get past that first row it will be a breeze! I really like that colour too ... I am going to have to pick some up. Are you planning on dying that woolin the second picture?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete