Monday, February 23, 2009

Leg Warmer Update

This is one of my leg warmers in progress . . . I finally figured out how to knit in the round with double pointed needles (dpns)! Its 31 cm (12 inches) long, which I was pretty excited about until I realized the pattern says the finished measurement should be 66 cm (26 inches) long.  For sure I will only be knitting one leg warmer, the other leg will just have to stay cold!  There is no way I can do this again right now, maybe I'll knit the other one in the fall. While I'm knitting I think about what my next project should be, never mind knitting another leg warmer, been there done that. Now I know not to knit things in pairs like socks and mittens. 
I also bought myself (yes even new, not thrifted) this I don't even know what you call it, knitting folding storage stand to house my growing stash of wool and other such notions. I love the fabric and think that I will have to find coordinating material to make myself a roll up needle case and matching notions bag. Now all I need is the rocking chair to put it beside!

No comments:

Post a Comment