Monday, March 2, 2009

Tie One On is Back!

Here's the new Tie One On theme from Angry Chicken- make an apron spending no $! 

You have to use existing materials which means absolutely no buying any kind of materials, supplies or fabric. You have 2 months to sew your creation, jpegs must be sent by April 30th and the gallery will be up early May. 

The idea is to make aprons to show and tell. Every few months there is a different theme. Submissions must be new creations, not purchased or existing vintage ones.  You don't need to join or do anything special to be a part of Tie One On, you just e-mail Angry Chicken your apron submission as an attached jpeg by the deadline, with a blog or e-mail link (optional) and any info you want added.

Oh ya! This is right up my alley. I love aprons. I love thrifting them, I love wearing them, I love gifting them, I love sewing them and I love that I'm not the only one!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you......I love aprons too. I have just started sewing them so I look forward to this project. As soon as I put one on I feel like my mother and it's very comforting, especially when I'm baking her bread recipe. I don't have quite a wide range of them yet and I'm jealous of your collection Marci! Scrap material is not a problem for me I have an addiction to buying sale items at Fabricland. Now I can finally put some to good use. This will be good incentive for me to start and of course finish a project!! I look forward to seeing the final results posted.

    ReplyDelete