Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Little House on the Prairie

I love Little House on the Prairie, always have and always will. I'm not ashamed of this, rather I'm proud of my love for the Ingalls family and all of their pioneer ways. 

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about 
(who doesn't?) Little House on the Prairie is an American one-hour dramatic tv show about the life and adventures of the Ingalls family in the 19th century American West. It was a very loose adaptation of Laura Ingalls Wilder's best-selling series of Little House on the Prairie books. 

Check out this, the introduction & music from the series, for a little nostalgic throw back. When I was growing up I used to love to pretend play "Little House" complete with pioneer dress up and chores.
I have reserved from our public library The Complete Television Series! How amazing is this, I can watch it again with the kids. 
We will definitely have to get some copies of the books because we love books around here.

And I think this means yet another sewing project to make some bonnets from this pattern from Amy Karol(aka Angry Chicken).

And this also means a family trip this summer to Upper Canada Village Heritage Park which is an 1860's village complete with a mill, trade shops, farms, churches, homes, factories and even a one-room schoolhouse. Oh ya we'll be going there!

I really think that I was meant to be born in the 19th century!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! It's so nice to see what you did with your break time. I love love love Little House on the Prairie too! I've been able to catch the odd rerun on TV once in a while but what a treat to watch it all with your kids! I remember my gramma used to tape them for me and I'd watch them at her house on her soft chocolate brown velor couch.........ah the good old days.

    ReplyDelete